I'm REALLY trying to remember this today as I am going crazy in this apartment! I think I'm just ready for warmer weather, and more space. And, not to sound trunky or anything, but only 2 1/2 months til Jared graduates and we can move from this place! Unless we decide to stay for the summer... just depends on what the job situation is. But all the jobs he's applied for so far won't start until fall semester. We won't buy another house for a while, but we've made a deal about what kind of place we'll rent, and I'm not compromising on having no dishwasher or washer and dryer this time! Am I being too bratty?

I didn't have my babysitting kids today so I got my kids ready and we set out to do some errands. I even promised Ryan a treat of chicken nuggets at Wendy's for lunch. But when we got out to the parking lot, the car wouldn't start. I was freaking out a little and called Jared and he calmed me down and said it sounded like it just needed a jump. We're pretty sure one of the doors wasn't closed tight so the battery died overnight. So we treked back inside and Jared will jump the car when he gets home. We ate lunch here, put Emery down for a nap and then Ryan and I made chocolate chip cookies. Guess we'll have to get our errands done on Saturday (I babysit tomorrow).

(Graphics by CD Muckosky--Home is Where the Heart is)

ETA: Jared jumped the car and it's working fine!!

5 comments:

Shaela said...

sorry about your car. :( does no one in your complex have cables?? I know exactly how you feel about wanting warm weather!! but it is warmer here than there, so I shouldn't complain. And no, you are NOT being "bratty" about wanting a dw and w&d for your next place - those are ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS with young kids!!! I will NEVER go back to not having them. But hopefully our next place has central heat and air...

hope you feel better and get errnds done on Saturday!

Keeping Life Creative said...

I'm sure someone has cables, well we do, but embarrassingly, I have no idea how to jump a car, and it's honestly just easier to wait for Jared to do it. It probably sounds whimpy, but there are some things I just think are a man's job, and I'd rather wait for him to do it. Taking out the garbage, taking care of the car, etc.

Odd Family said...

Hey there! Just so you know we ALL have those days...and NO WAy are you at all bratty. I agree with Shaela that they are ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS.:)

Kellie said...

I wouldn't give on the dishwasher and clothes washer/dryer either! You're the one at home using those things all day, I think they are very important!

Catherine said...

You're not the only one feeling confined to the Aggie Village appartment. I dream of a better place all the time... a house. Then I feel guilty, after... I am totally jealous that you guys are ready to move on. We still have a couple of years to go. Oh, well. Just think of us when you are using your dishwasher, and doing laundry in the house.