We took a day off from packing to take the kids to the zoo! My sister Chelsea came up from Provo and we had a great time. I think Ryan's favorite part of the whole day was planning out the route and following the map. This kid's going to be an architect one day!







While we were there Jared received a call from Lindsey Wilson College in Kentucky, wanting him to fly out for a second interview! (His first interview was over the phone.) He was so excited he was jumping up and down in front of the giraffes. It was especially exciting because the day before he had gotten a letter from BYU-I letting him know someone else had been selected for the position and he was feeling depressed. In some ways it's a blessing we didn't get that job though, because it was for a one year position with the expectation that you will go on for your PhD the next year, and he wasn't sure that's exactly what he wanted to do. So he flies out to Kentucky next week. We aren't necessarily thrilled about the location, but the job opportunity is amazing. If chosen, he will be the Writing Center Director as well as teaching two composition classes at the college, which as he says "marry his two academic loves." It's a lot of responsibility, but he is very passionate about both, and I know he will be up for the challenge. Say some extra prayers for us!
2 comments:
Wow I can't believe how big Ryan is getting!! He's adorable. And congrats on the 2nd interview- I hope it goes great!
Did he get the job????!!!
Post a Comment