A Child's Prayer

January 24, 2008

Last Sunday was a particularly difficult day with the kids at church. I came home exhausted and a little grumpy. I was working on getting Ryan and Emery lunch and naps when Ryan knelt on the living room floor and said, "I want to say a prayer. Mommy, daddy, you kneel." Truthfully I wasn't in the mood to pray with him as I was frustrated with his behavior at church but Jared seized the teaching moment, followed Ryan's lead and encouraged me to pray with them.

"What should we pray for?" Jared asked Ryan.

"Our kids." was his answer.

*sigh* I was humbled. We said a prayer for "our kids," the day went on, and I learned a lesson from my child's prayer.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm glad you started a blog! It looks cute, and I love seeing all your pics of the little ones! Emmy sure has grown!