Other updates

Jared and I celebrated our 7th anniversary last week! I made him a memory book that I will post as soon as I have it finished (it was finished enough to say, here honey, this is what I'm making for you!) Don't we look SOOO young in that first picture? (We were young! 18 and 22!)

Emery is getting so good at rolling. She'll roll across the room and then fuss because she gets stuck in the corner or with her legs under the couch. The other day she was on the bed while I was getting dressed. I was watching her, but she is so darn fast, and rolled right off the bed and smacked her face. She has a nasty bruise under her eye. It's kind of embarrassing, and I feel like I have to explain to everyone how it got there. But then I'm embarrassed to tell anyone because I shouldn't have put her on the bed in the first place! Poor baby girl.
My grandparents live here in Logan. It's been nice to be close to them since we live so far from our other family members. It's also good to spend time with them since they are getting older. My grandpa's health hasn't been well the past two years, and on Friday night he had a stroke. He's doing well considering, but will be in the hospital for several more days. Last night for Family Home Evening Ryan made him a card and we went to the hospital to see him. He seems frustrated that he has to stay there and wants to be back in his home where things are familiar and people (the nurses) aren't popping in to bother him.

Jared started a summer class this week. It's only a week long, from 9-5 every day. Then tons of homework in the evenings. Taking a 3-credit class in one week is crazy, but taking a 3-credit graduate level class in one week is even crazier! Only 3 more days to go though. It's a lot of work, but I'm sure he'll be so happy to have it done when is is done. One class out of the way, then 3 weeks of vacation before he starts teaching a summer semester class. I'm so excited to have him home more. I've missed him!

I've been tagged like four times lately, and so sorry to those who tagged me, but I think I'm going to have to let those ones go. Too much going on. Maybe next time. Hope you're not mad at me!

Okay, last thing. As if I don't have enough going on, I've entered another design challenge. If you are interesed you can read about it on my design blog.

4 comments:

Suz said...

I love your pages- they're very cute! Good luck with the design contest- if I can get to it today I'm gonna try to enter- but we'll see!

Sandy said...

You are the cutest thing ever...and so talented! I loved learning a little bit about you and your family on your blog. Hopefully we'll start chatting more at church and other get togethers. I really enjoyed Seattle and would go back. Fun that you lived so close by. It's so pretty when you get out of the busy city.

Modd said...

Those are two of the four most beautiful children I've seen in a long time. Emery looks a lot like Ryan, doesn't she. The layouts are great, too, but I, of course look at the children!! Modd

Shaela said...

can't wait to see the memory book - I can't believe it's been 7 years already!! And I totally understand about Emery... when Caleb got a black eye when he was 15 months old I felt the same (he smacked it on a corner.. I think.. I can't remember!) Good luck with the design challenge - I'm rooting for you!! (and tell Jared GOOD LUCK - that's insane!!)