I Hope They Call Me On a Mission

On Monday my brother Ben flew down from Oak Harbor, Washington to spend a couple of days with us before entering the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Wednesday. He will serve a full-time, two-year mission for our church in Charleston, West Virgina. We had tons of fun hanging out, suit shopping, and eating! We introduced Ben to Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Tried Peach Cobbler for the first time. YUM!
Then on Wednesday we took Ben to Provo to the MTC. Ben's the first sibling in our family to go on a mission, so it's a pretty big deal to our family. Chelsea and I were teary, but they were happy tears. We're so proud of him. He's been saving for his mission since he was 11 and the past year since high school graduation he's worked full-time and has earned enough to pay for his entire mission. I think it's amazing that he's stayed so motivated.

4 comments:

Meichelle said...

How fun! My little brother will be leaving in march of next year. I am excited for him!

Shaela said...

that is so cool!! glad you got to spend a little family time with him and Chelsea.

Modd said...

Congratulations on having a missionary in the field--exciting time for your family. Ben will be a fine missionary. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

I really have to remember to look at your blog more often, you do so many cute things! I love the things you include, even things about me and ben!