Growing

I'm not sure why I have been so hesitant to post this. Maybe because of the recent miscarriages, maybe because some of my friends' recent losses. Most likely because I have recently shared my story of infertility with several people, and in this case it just doesn't seem to apply. If there is anything I have learned over the past several years, it's that God is definitely in charge and has a plan for me that is greater than my own.

We weren't necessarily planning to have another baby anytime soon. In fact, I was completely fine with just Ryan and Emery, especially considering how difficult getting and staying pregnant has been for me. But, as mentioned above, my plan isn't always the best plan, and there is another little one that is supposed to join our family. It's been a rough pregnancy so far. Lots of sickness--more than with my other pregnancies--and lots of worry of miscarriage. But now at 20 weeks with a belly I can't hide anymore, it's time to "announce." We also just found out last week that we are going to have another little girl. We would have been happy with either, but we are excited to add some more pink to our family and to not squish Emery between two brothers. Before we found out, Ryan wanted to name the new baby "Google," "Gopher," or "Thomas" (Thomas the train). He was determined it would be a boy. But when we found out it was a girl, he immediately started thinking of all the girl trains from Thomas the train--Rosie, Annie, Molly, etc. Silly boy.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Yeah! So glad that although you haven't had an easy pregnancy, you are being blessed with another little person in your family. She is one lucky little girl to join such a great family.

Amy said...

Congratulations! Hope that you start to feel better.

Cat said...

We are SOOO excited for you guys. You look so beautiful! Pregnancy looks so good on you! Way to glow, Pam!

We sure are going to miss you guys!

Ella said...

Congrats! Sorry I've been so aloof from the blogging! I just got caught up and was so excited to see how your family is doing, although I'm sorry you aren't feeling very well!