Las Vegas Update #2

We're back from Vegas, and man, it was a crazy week. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that we'd lined up a new renter. She was really excited and planned to move in on Thursday. On Tuesday we called her several times to try to set up a meeting time on Thursday so we could give her the keys, but we couldn't get a hold of her. Then on Wednesday (on the drive down to Vegas) we tried several more times, but she was still not answering her phone. We tried to call her work number (no answer), her boss (no answer), and her references (no idea where she was). And so now that we had driven 10 hours (WHAT is up with these gas prices?) and could not get ahold of her we were pretty worried. But we kept repeating to ourselves "it isn'at as bad as we think" and "it will all work out." Love that quote from President Hinckley.

On Thursday morning (May 1st, the day she was supposed to move in) we still couldn't get ahold of her and she wasn't returning our messages. So we decided to post an ad on craigslist that the condo was available immediately. And we prayed. Hard. Then we went to the condo and cleaned and painted. (Of course I have pictures!)
Then a few hours after we'd posted the ad we had three people interested. To make a long story short (Jared is cringing at my cliche), the second person that came to see the condo wanted it and signed a one year lease.

We really like the new renter and feel like things did work out the way they were supposed to. We still haven't heard from the first girl who was going to take the place. It makes us think renting to her would have turned out to be a nightmare.

As far as making the mortagage payment, we have another blessing. A few weeks ago I posted an ad that I was available to babysit in my home. While we were in Las Vegas someone contacted me and we set up a time to meet when I got back. They have a 10 month old girl and were looking for full-time daycare. They came over to meet Jared and me and liked us and asked if I could start on Monday. So that extra income will cover the rent shortage. Yeah! It really does work out. The little girl is super sweet and a good baby. And Ryan and Emery have been getting along great with her (I realize it's only been 2 days).

4 comments:

Suz said...

I'm so glad to hear that things worked out well. Just goes to show you, that when you're doing what you are supposed to, the Lord will provide. I hope the babysitting goes well!

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to hear all the good news! Your faith and obedience are surely why the Lord blessed you.

Holly said...

I'm SOOO happy for you guys! What a testimony builder! Awesome!!! :)

Shaela said...

Wow, talk about drama! But I'm glad it all worked out. Good luck with the babysitting - call me ANYTIME if you need to vent or get ideas or "make contact" as I call it. :0) Love ya sis!