Party Pictures! I didn't take a lot because I was too busy having fun, but here are a few:
The food! I did the punch (notice the "blood" dripping down the sides? It turned out so cool in real life.), "blood" filled cupcakes (with fang marks), and taffy apple tarts. The other girls brought Bloody Mary (non-alchoholic) mix, Meiers (Meyers) Sparkling Grape Juice, Chocolate Vampire Suckers (they had vampire faces on them), red velvet cake, and goldfish crackers (in honor of Charlie). It's hard to see cause the table was a little crowded, but I had a cute black and white damask runner sprinkled with red punched out apples. And notice the apple votives :). Very good food.
We played a couple of games (sorry, no pictures). We wrote down our most neglectful moment while reading the book (stole from someone else's blog idea) and then voted. The prize was to someone who read the book in about 12 hours, and her kids ate animal crackers and played Nintendo all day. (Hmmm...that sort of sounds like a lot of us...exept mine was movies...). Her prize was Fudge Marble cake mix (in honor of Edward), Polar Ice Eclispe gum, a book mark, and a black and white damask note pad. Then we played a trivia game and the winners got beaded apple book marks that I made--and didn't take a picture of :(. I thought they turned out kind of cute though.
Here's most of us right before we left for the movie:
A couple of the girls decided to go straight to the theater to save us seats instead of coming to the party. It's soooo good they did because the line to get in was sooo long. I wasn't sure everyone would fit in that theater! We were able to get decent seats altogether though.Here's part of the line, and us waiting in line:

And now for my "review," trying to keep it vague enough I don't spoil it for anyone.
I know there is a lot of controversy going on about this movie right now, but I have to say I loved it. I mean, really loved it. Was it perfect? No. Was is great for me? YES.
I went into it with a very open mind though, having seen many trailers, and released (and unreleased) footage. I knew it was going to be different from the book. It had to be. I went into it wit the idea of separating the book I love from the movie to give the movie a fresh chance. So I was okay with a lot of the changes that were made. I felt the essence of the story was there and the characters were for the most part captured. I would have liked to see a lot more of the beginning of the romance scenes, and a lot more of the Cullens as I felt the movie did move very fast. I think the movie experience is definitely a lot better if you've read the book(s) because you have an inside perspective and will understand subtle things you would not have picked up if you don't know the story. But I think this movie was a good introduction to what we will (hopefully) see in the upcoming movies. And I loved that they threw in parts of Edward's perspective that you read in Midnight Sun, and that it was a really great lead-in to New Moon. I loved Robert as Edward, and I have to say I was a little skeptical. I had high expectations for Edward in my mind. Of course, I think the book-reading experience is ALWAYS better, so yes, I like the book much better, but I'm glad I saw the movie and I thouroughly enjoyed it.
Can't wait until Wednesday when Chelsea gets here and I can go see it again with her and Jared!
I went into it with a very open mind though, having seen many trailers, and released (and unreleased) footage. I knew it was going to be different from the book. It had to be. I went into it wit the idea of separating the book I love from the movie to give the movie a fresh chance. So I was okay with a lot of the changes that were made. I felt the essence of the story was there and the characters were for the most part captured. I would have liked to see a lot more of the beginning of the romance scenes, and a lot more of the Cullens as I felt the movie did move very fast. I think the movie experience is definitely a lot better if you've read the book(s) because you have an inside perspective and will understand subtle things you would not have picked up if you don't know the story. But I think this movie was a good introduction to what we will (hopefully) see in the upcoming movies. And I loved that they threw in parts of Edward's perspective that you read in Midnight Sun, and that it was a really great lead-in to New Moon. I loved Robert as Edward, and I have to say I was a little skeptical. I had high expectations for Edward in my mind. Of course, I think the book-reading experience is ALWAYS better, so yes, I like the book much better, but I'm glad I saw the movie and I thouroughly enjoyed it.
Can't wait until Wednesday when Chelsea gets here and I can go see it again with her and Jared!






11 comments:
I'm so glad you liked it!! :) I went in with a "separate mind" as well; I always do with books-mad-into-movies. But you know my view. ;) Can't wait to see pics - hop you had a lot of fun!
The movie was fun and I'm glad your party went well. Looks like you went all out for it! I always try to separate books from movies. A lot of my friends can't do that and they end up hating the movie, which I think is sad. I thought the movie lacked in the special effects area, but other than that I really liked it.
What a fun party- it all looks so great! So sad I had to be so far away to miss it- and that I am having to wait until NEXT week to see the movie- oh well. Glad you liked it and had fun.
Looks like you guys (err.. gals) had a GREAT time!! Love the group picture!
I think I've mentioned that I'm probably the only person left on the planet who has NOT read the books, but it looks like you all had a GREAT time. How fun that you organized a party and everything to celebrate!
Wow, you did go all out on the party, and it looked like it was a great success. As for the movie, Shael didn't like it, you did, and I can't wait to see it now. Of course the book was better, but I'm not sure I know how to "separate the book from the movie" because I haven't read that many books before seeing the movies. The ones I have read before were usually helpful to know what was going on in the movie.
Wow, you did go all out on the party, and it looked like it was a great success. As for the movie, Shael didn't like it, you did, and I can't wait to see it now. Of course the book was better, but I'm not sure I know how to "separate the book from the movie" because I haven't read that many books before seeing the movies. The ones I have read before were usually helpful to know what was going on in the movie.
LOVE the party food pics! what fun stuff. glad you figured out the dry ice ;)
Your party looked and sounded wonderful! So fun that you did that!
It looks like a great party~ HOw fun!I'm going to see it today! CAN't wait! :)
Your party looks like it was so much fun! Love it! Maybe I'll have to copy you when it comes out on video.
Post a Comment